The ability to speak French or to communicate in French, even the basic, could immensely put one on top of non-speakers in today's competitive job market. For as the saying goes "language breaks barriers".
1. A World language
More than 200 million people speak French on the five (5) continents
2. A language for the job market
A knowledge of French opens the doors to French/Francophone companies and international organisations
3. The language of culture
French is the language of great writers, poets, scientific etc.
4. A language for travel
French also comes in handy when travelling across Africa
5. A language for higher education
Speaking French opens up study opportunities at renowned French Universities
6. One of the languages used in the international organizations such as:
The UN, the EU, Unesco, Nato, International Olympic Committee, The International Red Cross and the International Court of Justice
7. It is a language that opens up the world
An ability to understand French offers an alternative view of the World
8. A language that is fun to learn
It does not take long to reach a level where you can communicate in French
9. A language for learning other languages
French is good base for learning other languages, especially Roman languages
10. The language of love and reason
First and foremost, learning French is the pleasure of learning a beautiful and melodious language often called the language of love.